Prescription Delivery During COVID-19
Social distancing may be a challenge, but it is something we all need to do to flatten the curve and reduce the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Social distancing can prevent the spread of disease and keep you and your family safe.
During this time, you may have concerns about how to get refills on your medications without putting yourself at risk. Switching to home prescription delivery is a safer alternative to in-store pharmacy pickup. It is easy to make the transfer to mail order, and you can do it from the convenience of your own home.
Why Should You Get Your Prescriptions Delivered?
There are many reasons that consumers may prefer mail order prescriptions.
- Mail order prescriptions may be cheaper than what you pay at the pharmacy.
- Most mail order prescriptions are 90-day supplies, which can help you save on prescriptions.
- Home delivery is more convenient than pickup.
Importantly, home delivery is ideal for vulnerable populations, including senior citizens or those with chronic conditions. Whether or not you are part of a vulnerable population, it’s strongly suggested that you switch to home delivery during COVID-19. Keep in mind that home delivery can be a convenient, affordable option even when coronavirus is not a threat.
Mail Order Prescriptions with America’s Pharmacy
America’s Pharmacy offers lower prices at your favorite pharmacies, but did you know that we also offer safe and secure mail order delivery? This is usually less expensive than if you buy your Rx locally. Follow these steps to order your prescription for home delivery from America’s Pharmacy.
- Search for your prescription(s) and enter your location.
- In the list of results, look for the “Home Delivery” option.
- Click “Add to Cart” and follow the instructions.
For example, a search for Xarelto coupons in Norwalk, Connecticut shows that the home delivery option is a better value than the pharmacy pickup.
Importantly, the price you see on America’s Pharmacy always includes the price of shipping, so you know exactly what you are paying.
When choosing to do prescription delivery, make sure you order in advance to account for shipping time.
Managing Medications During COVID-19
Pharmacies are considered essential businesses, and as of now, they remain open. However, it’s important to make sure you have your medications on hand in the event things change or you must be quarantined.
- Ask your doctor about switching from a 30-day to a 90-day supply.
- If you need an early refill, you may be able to get a quantity limit exemption from your doctor. Many insurance providers have already waived their early refill policies.
- Call your pharmacist or doctor if you have any questions or concerns about the medications you are taking.
- Make sure your pharmacist uses your discount even if you aren’t using in-store pickup.
In addition to filling your prescriptions, here are some additional tips to help you prepare and stay safe.
Focusing on your health is one of the most important things you can do during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes keeping up with your prescription medications and practicing social distancing. Switching to America’s Pharmacy home delivery allows you to protect yourself and your loved ones while saving money.